We are looking for an experienced in-house legal counsel to manage all legal matters affecting Nobel’s group of companies (“the Group”). He/she will be the centralized point-of-contact for all contracts, corporate filings and legal correspondences and analyses required in the course of daily operation of the Group’s multiple lines of business.
• Draft, review and maintain 3rd-party commercial partner agreements across the Group’s businesses, ensuring the business requirements are adequately addressed and legal risk is adequately minimized. These agreements include but are not limited to: telecommunications inter-carrier trade agreements, money transfer agent and pay-out partner agreements, joint venture and strategic agreements, consultancy agreements, loan and debt agreements and asset purchase agreements.
• Develop and maintain a centralized database summarizing all 3rd-party commercial agreements, providing the business stakeholders easy access to the key terms of their agreements.
• Liaise with in-country, 3rd-party management consultants to ensure each company within Nobel’s global network of companies is compliant with its country’s respective regulations and with its own bylaws for corporate governance.
• Consult outside counsel at own discretion on matters requiring specialized, expert advice; serving as the Group’s primary contact for all correspondences with outside counsel.
• Responsible for the day to day supervision, management and output of the Group’s Legal department.
• Facilitate resolution of all material 3rd-party disputes in billing, fair use of services, or other matters that may lead to legal action.
• Develop and maintain detailed understanding of key business processes across the Group for purposes of assessing 3rd-party legal risk in each of the key business areas.
• Coordinate the preparation of commercial agreements with new, extraordinary business partners across the Group.
o Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the requirements of the new business, gathering key information from senior business leads.
o Distil the business requirements into key contractual terms.
o Anticipate the various events/scenarios that will likely arise with the new business and establish (or in some cases, create) contractual mechanisms for addressing each event/scenario.
• Develop and maintain general understanding of the Group’s tax planning structure, providing legal support to outside tax specialists to assist them in the implementation of certain tax planning initiatives.
• Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in providing multinational legal services.
• Bachelor/Master degree in Economics/ Business Administration/ Business Law with minimum GPA of 3.00 (out of 4.00) or equivalent.
• Proficient in English verbal and writing.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
• A proven track record of providing proactive, expert, timely and authoritative legal advice and support to senior leaders and other stakeholders.
• Proactive in identifying key threats and risks to a business from a legal perspective.
• A proven track record of successfully managing a staff of legal specialists.
• Sharp negotiating skills with excellent commercial contract drafting skills.
• Broad business competencies spanning multiple industries, with specific experience in financial services preferred.
• High level, strategic thinking and decision-making skills.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to develop creative, innovative solutions to complex challenges.
• Understanding of Information Governance requirements and the Data Protection Act.
• Expertise in working collaboratively and creatively with multiple stakeholders to achieve common goals.
Working Conditions: This job is located in Bucharest, Romania, having a day schedule (Monday to Friday). Will be expected to travel as needed to company affiliates.
Very attractive compensation package
Fun activities at work (parties, fun events every month and much more)
Refer a friend
Apply with resume