We are looking for an experienced tax and legal strategist to lead the Nobel Group of companies in tax planning and management of risk.
• Design and implement strategic planning for corporate and individual income taxes, value-added taxes, sales taxes and regulatory fees across multiple jurisdictions in North America, European Union and Asia.
• Coordinate with tax specialists in each jurisdiction to ascertain applicable tax rules and manner in which local authorities enforce those rules.
• Prepare cost vs benefit vs risk analysis of various tax planning options, coordinating with local tax specialists where necessary and giving detailed consideration to the business and operational requirements.
• Design and implement transfer pricing conventions for intercompany transactions, including coordinating with 3rd party auditors on transfer pricing audits.
• Monitor important changes to the global tax environment and coordinate with tax specialists where necessary to assess business impact.
• Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including but not limited to: telecom and financial services agreements, joint venture and strategic agreements, consultancy agreements, loan and debt agreements and asset purchase agreements.
• Assist in the processing of the Group’s legal documentation.
• Responsible for the day to day supervision, management and output of the Group’s Legal department.
• Develop and maintain detailed understanding of key business processes across the Nobel Group for purposes of assessing 3rd-party legal risk in each of the key business areas.
• Develop and maintain detailed understanding of threats of cyberfraud facing each of the businesses within the Group, with the goal of
o limiting Nobel’s legal liability for cyberfraud committed when using its services.
o communicating to the relevant business owners the extent to which Nobel is liable for fraud and ensuring the business owners’ fraud prevention measures adequately address this risk.
• Design and implement asset protection strategies, especially use of asset-protection trusts.
• Facilitate resolution of all material 3rd-party disputes in billing, fair use of services, or other matters that may lead to legal action.
• Coordinate the preparation of commercial agreements with new, extraordinary business partners across the Nobel Group.
• Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the requirements of the new business, gathering key information from senior business leads.
• Distil the business requirements into key contractual terms.
• Anticipate the various events/scenarios that will likely arise with the new business and establish (or in some cases, create) contractual mechanisms for addressing each event/scenario.
• Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in providing multinational tax and legal services.
• Bachelor/Master degree in Economics/ Business Administration/ Business Law / Finance with minimum GPA of 3.00 (out of 4.00).
• Proficient in English verbal and writing.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
• A proven track record of providing proactive, expert, timely and authoritative tax and legal advice and support to senior leaders and other stakeholders.
• Proactive in identifying key threats and risks to a business from a tax and legal perspective.
• A proven track record of successfully managing a staff of tax/legal experts.
• Sharp negotiating skills with excellent commercial contract drafting skills.
• Broad business competencies spanning multiple industries.
• High level, strategic thinking and decision-making skills.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to develop creative, innovative solutions to complex challenges.
• Understanding of Information Governance requirements and the Data Protection Act.
• Expertise in working collaboratively and creatively with multiple stakeholders to achieve common goals.
Working Conditions: This job is located in Bucharest, Romania, having a day schedule (Monday to Friday). Will be expected to travel as needed to company affiliates.
Very attractive compensation package
Fun activities at work (parties, fun events every month and much more)
Refer a friend
Apply with resume